Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives What might cause a DFG-100 LP Oven to have a hard relight (like gas not purging) after working flawlessly?

• albumen

April 13, 2017 at 2:20 pm

A new LP valve has been installed, the ignition module changed to match, Axial fan replaced, burners adjusted once the manifold pressure was 10 in wc.  It runs like a champ.  Holds temps so much better.  So much I thought it was not working.  Temp probe inside dead on 350.  Here are a few snaps of the finished install, manifold pressure and the best I got at the burner tubes.  Thank you all for your help in diagnosing this issue.  It Is CLOSED!!

• ectofix

April 13, 2017 at 5:56 pm

Thanks for the feedback!

In your picture, that’s the same cheap UEI digital manometer we have at the shop.  Does the job well.  I trust it almost as much as my water manometer.

• fixbear

April 13, 2017 at 7:32 pm

Used to carry one a bit simular,  But we also had a bottle of murcury with it.  It was a pain, cause it was on a ridgid board and about 3 ft long. in a wooden case about 42 inches long and a foot wide.

• albumen

April 13, 2017 at 10:50 pm

Works great and is simple.  They tend to last the longest.

• albumen

April 13, 2017 at 10:54 pm

That is crazy…glad times have changed.  Would like better one but I do not use it enough to bother with an upgrade as it works great.

• davejohnsonnola

June 23, 2017 at 12:47 pm

Nice to see when an original poster lets us know the final outcomes!

Page 3 of 3