Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Frymaster fryer losing oil

• rock

May 11, 2017 at 7:04 pm

They were closed when I checked,but the manager said the oil level  is low in the morning,now that I think about it,maybe the night crew is filtering/polishing and not closing valve completely….

• fixbear

May 11, 2017 at 7:11 pm

Don’t they have actuators to open and close automatically?  And are all three tanks doing it.

• fixbear

May 11, 2017 at 7:14 pm

Damned old farts.  I’m a youngster of 70.

• olivero

May 11, 2017 at 7:44 pm

I am staying out of this.

• fixbear

May 11, 2017 at 8:09 pm

I remember a Pitco that drove me nuts.  Very slow at pumping the oil back up to the fryer.  Pump was cavitating.  Changed the o rings several time.  Repaired the block and realigned.  Finally tryied running a wire in the bottom of the tank.  Oil was all coked into carbon from the pipe heater. A real problem to remove.  

• rock

May 12, 2017 at 5:12 am

No actuators,it’s not automatic and it’s a two vat fryer with a jib

• ectofix

May 12, 2017 at 8:15 am

rock, you’re probably on the road while I’m posting this, but I’m sharing nonetheless.  Here’s Frymaster’s latest and greatest service/parts manual on the OCF30 series gas fryers – just published last month:

Oil Conserving Fryer (OCF30)â„¢ GAS FRYERS Service & Parts Manual

• fixbear

May 12, 2017 at 9:26 am

Rock,  If the drain valves aren’t leaking When you are present, check the closed valve micro switch adjustment. Theat will force them to close it all the way.  Second possibility, is the level going below the filter return pipe.  Possibly a flow back through the pump system.  That amount of loss is only a drip at a time overnight.

• rock

May 12, 2017 at 10:27 am

Thanks for the manual 

• rock

May 20, 2017 at 9:43 am

Just an update.problem solved.after many questions by me to the store manager,turns out that when he opened in the morning,the oil level was a couple inches low(because it had cooled overnight) so he added oil every morning.call it customer education 

Page 2 of 3