Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Garland 3-13 H

• fixbear

November 25, 2017 at 11:38 am

The one thing you never showed us was the interior of the stove.  Especially the broiler burner. That would be very interesting for sure.  Broiler designs have changed a lot over the years and I would love to see a real early one.

• canderson

November 28, 2017 at 8:33 am

Hi, I am on the road and will be home later this week.

• canderson

December 11, 2017 at 3:22 pm

Oven

• canderson

December 11, 2017 at 3:24 pm

Hi, Looking at the top of the inside of the oven, looks just like the back. A solid piece of tin. 

• canderson

December 11, 2017 at 3:32 pm

Fixbear,  I can only imagine the great things you have learned from your dad and experience in the Navy and schools. It is nice to read about dads spending time with their kids.l It is truly remarkable how much kids learn from their dads as well as work ethic. I hope you write a book on your experiences. 😉

• canderson

December 11, 2017 at 3:39 pm

• canderson

December 11, 2017 at 3:46 pm

The holes on all of the burners are open and clear. My kid blew smoke into the end of them and they are clear.

• fixbear

December 11, 2017 at 4:02 pm

Is this the broiler or oven burner.  Regardless, most of the holes are pluged and will have to be drilled out. A lot of the burner center has been eroded away.  The fact that the burner is part of the main casting is amazing.

• fixbear

December 11, 2017 at 4:10 pm

Ok Carol, The broiler burner is at the top of the oven behind the top frount door seal and higher that the door face.  Basically to see it one has to get at the bottom of the dor heal and look up.

When I say drill out the burner holes,  Not with a power drill, but with a drill vice.  Commonly fornd at a welding supplier at a Tip Cleaner. It will come with many different size drill bits in the handle.  Find the one close to a open hole and open all the others.  The drill bit by hand will easily cut carbon and not hurt the cast.

• canderson

December 21, 2017 at 10:04 am

Hi, none of the holes are plugged, it is just the angle of the camera.

Page 5 of 6