Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums General Traulsen G20010 Frosting Up

Tagged: 

• Traulsen G20010 Frosting Up

Posted by lkazanov on October 29, 2022 at 7:48 am

Hello, First post! New Traulsen 2022. Frosting up. Yes, calls have been made. Any ideas how to set the fan to run when the unit is in defrost? I am familiar with blue keyboard. This unit does not have a heated defrost coil. I guess they went away from them. The board actually has the harness, but nothing connected to it (heated coil that is). Trying to keep it at time activated, every two hours, but I need the evaporator (cabinet) fan to run. It shuts off when in defrost at this time (I guess it still thinks there is a heated coil present). I did check the resistance of the blue probe at 32KOhm at 32F. When cooler is defrosted, it runs like a champ (until frosts up). Any opinions welcome. Just a hands on owner (and its the weekend).

fixbear replied 1 year, 6 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • fixbear

October 29, 2022 at 4:45 pm

Something doesn’t sound right here. You say you have a G20010 refrigerator right. Does the controller say refrigerator on the bottom face? Has the clock been set for time? Normally it will go into a defrost mode every 8 hours. What that does with a cooler is to just not run the compressor for 20 minutes. You can lock out defrost mode in a heavy service time. The Evaporator fan runs all the time in a cooler. Unless it has the wrong controller. They do not need a heater because the box temp is always above freezing except near end of cycle. It then runs the evaporator fans just to clear the coil between the cycles of the compressor. So, if your fans are in fact not running, you either have a programming or wiring problem.

• lkazanov

October 29, 2022 at 6:43 pm

Thank you! It frosted up at 8 hour cycle. The default on the board is actually every 2 hours. When the unit goes into defrost (or manually commanded) the evap fans are off. They do work and do turn off when the doors are opened. I think some programming is off. I do love Traulsen, have 3 other ones. This one is a problem child. Curious you mention that they do not a heating element? It is provided in the parts manual and my other 2 Traulsens have them. And those are wonderful and are set to defrost every 8 with no issues. Part 329-60022-00 is the heater coil (sits right under evap coil).

• fixbear

October 30, 2022 at 9:25 pm

Unless they are freezers or special for meat (28F), they don’t need a heater. If it’s still under warranty, call them. The fans should not stop on a cooler except for door opening.