Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Special Tools For Jobs

• techjoeb

February 27, 2017 at 9:19 am

The funny thing is… this is just for hot dog grease… ewwwwww. 

• ectofix

February 27, 2017 at 5:39 pm

I don’t know why I never get tired of listening to that overwrought and flamboyantly presented techno-babble.  Here’s another version I found awhile back:

Rockwell Retro Encabulator

My dingle-arm is worn out.  Does PartsTOWN stock that?

• techjoeb

February 28, 2017 at 11:19 am

I’ll check stock… we just sold the last one! 

• john

February 28, 2017 at 4:00 pm

Never tell your lady that.

ectofix, if you like the Encabulator videos, there’s a group of (crazy?) folks on reddit who only deal in flamboyantly presented technobabble. https://www.reddit.com/r/VXJunkies/ 

I can’t tell if real technicians would love or hate this. Maybe a bit of both. I’m curious to know your reaction.

• alnelson

February 28, 2017 at 9:33 pm

That tool for compressing the lid spring on Henny Penny pressure fryers comes in pretty handy

• john

February 28, 2017 at 10:34 pm
  • techjoeb

March 8, 2017 at 1:57 pm

NIeco 9128. Shaft cleaning tool AKA The Dawg Bone. 

• ectofix

November 6, 2017 at 8:48 pm

I’ll share with y’all this special tool that you would never expect.

My boss had passed to us techs this rather dumb-looking ratcheting wrench put out by Crescent:

Sorry folks.  Whether Crescent still markets this wrench is not my concern.  I DID check their website and didn’t see it there.  But…I got mine.

I hope you can get one.  It’s a rarely used but very helpful tool.

• john

November 7, 2017 at 11:49 am

I just had to find it. Could not resist. Searched for crescent jaw ratchet ^^

Crescent R2 Rapid Rench 8 in. Ratcheting Socket Wrench-FR28SMP – The Home Depot 

This thing looks like it could be useful for standard jobs requiring a ratchet, too. Could. 

• fixbear

November 9, 2017 at 2:41 pm

Don’ja just love working on fryers.  Especially the filter pumps.  Only thing worse is the roof ventilators for a Chinese restaurant. Seen some with 3 inches of grease on the roof.  Ya need a lot of plastic and cardboard..

Page 3 of 4