Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Door is leaking steam

• fixbear

January 7, 2018 at 12:18 pm

Olivero,  Time for blunt honesty.  You are reacting to symptoms.  When you should be looking at causes.  Combi ovens are not built to be pressurized vessels.  They should be at or near atmospheric pressure.  So now it comes down to the balance of steam production and steam condensation/venting.  Being where you work, water temperature is higher than most parts of the country. Therefore it takes less input to make your steam and a lot more water to condense it.  (absorb the heat.)  Conclusion: lower the stem volume or increase to condenser volume.  Personally I would pull the drain box out of the machine and examine it closely.  Also the water supply to the condenser. Then contact Cleveland to see if or what you have to do to drop the steam production output. It may be as little as a regulator change of pressure, But they are the only ones that can OK that.  Also verify that your drain has no back pressure. After all, we all have experienced grease build up in a kitchen drain.  That’s why most states require air gaping.

• olivero

January 8, 2018 at 5:33 pm

Well, looking into causes. It appears something is wrong with the physical door. If I push direcntly in on just where the handle is, all the steam goes away. IT almost seems the door handle plate is bent, I bent it back some and it seems to be much better. I also removed a lot of the spacers I had added over time and it was still better, so it could be the door is just messed up.

Page 7 of 7