Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums my cecilware cl100-n does not fill with water.

• my cecilware cl100-n does not fill with water.

Posted by guest on June 1, 2017 at 12:00 am

I have replaced the high water sensor and the PC board. it functions for a couple months then it will fail to fill. when it fails , a red light appears on the PC board I then kill power and when I turn it back on the light is out and the urn fills?

fixbear replied 6 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • john

June 1, 2017 at 11:22 am

Hi fungi and welcome to TechTOWN!

Checking out the Cecilware CL100-N Manual here: 

http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/CE-FE-CL-CH_spm.pdf

Issues of intermittent failure can be particularly perplexing. I’m wondering if the solenoid on the water inlet valve is having a problem. 

I hope this helps!

-John

• fixbear

June 1, 2017 at 11:51 am

It’s a simple test of the water valve that is spelled out very well in the manual.  This is the manual:cecilware brewer cl100n

Go to page 9 items B and C  It sounds to me that you may have a hard water situation and the probe needs to be cleaned.  Check your water filtration system to be working. If you don’t have one, consult with a water treatment company.  They will test for free.ussually

Clean the probes with vinegar.  It’s rare for the board to go. 

• fungi

June 1, 2017 at 1:18 pm

The solenoid does not have any voltage present when it fails to fill, I kill the power and reset (have voltage to solenoid) then it fills.

• fixbear

June 1, 2017 at 6:17 pm

Go to “C”. It will not if there is no call for water due to the sensor shorting from mineral build up.  And make sure to rinse it after cleaning, cause acid will conduct as well.. 

• fixbear

June 1, 2017 at 6:55 pm

If you want to test it first,  You will need a quality digital multi-meter.  Open your side cover and at the top back you will see the water level control board.  With power off, water below the sensors, remove the blue wire (lo water) from the board and test with the meter in OHM’s for continuity between the wire and chassis ground.  should be near infinity.  Next connect the wire, leave your one probe connected to ground, switch to DC votls. reapply power and test the same terminal for voltage. It should be above 5 volts.  If not, then the board is the fault.   As long as it is over 5 volts the board is doing it’s thing. Be careful of the solenoid (water valve) terminals next to the water sensor as they are high voltage AC.  Even with a full tank if you pull the blue wire, it will open the water valve.  The board is just a electronic switch that senses water level. Bad sensing, bad performance.

• fungi

June 2, 2017 at 7:15 am

At first I also thought it was a buildup on the sensor and after cleaning it about once a week (every time I cleaned it , the power was off then back on) I finally put in a new sensor as it never had build up on it. Then next time it failed I turned power on and off and it filled , so I assumed it was the can capacitor on the board. Now I have new board and new sensor still not filling. Does anyone know what the red light on the circuit board means? Thank you for the trouble shooting process.

• fixbear

June 2, 2017 at 10:12 am

I believe it indicates a current flow to the sensor  (full tank).  You can prove it by removing sensor wires from the board. It will then go out or on.  I forgot which way it is.

You will not see a build-up of conductive coating on the probes. It is just a thin film across the plastic to the tank. That machine does require weekly cleaning.