Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives MY BREMA GB903 STOPPED MAKING ICE ALL OF A SUDDEN.  WHAT SEEMS TO BE THE PROBLEM HERE?

• MY BREMA GB903 STOPPED MAKING ICE ALL OF A SUDDEN.  WHAT SEEMS TO BE THE PROBLEM HERE?

Posted by guest on May 29, 2019 at 12:00 am

THE NIGHT BEFORE WE TURNED IT OFF, CLEARED OUT ALL THE ICE IN THE BIN, WIPED IT DOWN WITH SANITIZING PAPER, THEN RINSED IT WITH COLD WATER.  THEN WE POWERED IT BACK ON.  12 HOURS LATER THERE WAS STILL NO ICE IN THE BIN.  WE’VE CHECKED WATER SUPPLY, THERE WAS A CONSTANT FLOW OF WATER SO WATER WAS NOT THE ISSUE.  WHAT SEEMS TO BE THE PROBLEM HERE?  CAN I TROUBLESHOOT IT MYSELF?

fixbear replied 4 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • fixbear

May 29, 2019 at 11:01 am

Ah, a ice flaker machine.  Does the compressor start?   Is the Flaker motor running?   Is there water in the chamber or did someone forget to reinstall the drain line?  You never said if it was a W or A model.  If a A model, is the cooling fan running? 

If all those are functioning,  check the compressor suction line to be cold and the discharge to be hot.  Discharge goes to the condenser.  Suction comes from the evaporator/ice cylinder.