Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives direct ignition control board problem

• direct ignition control board problem

Posted by guest on February 26, 2018 at 12:00 am

hello,we have “chrome 90 836tschsa” and had 3 direct spark ignition control board but in few days these board will not work good,and broke down ,and our country urban electricity is 220 v /50Hz but the machine need 110v/60Hz what can i do? 

fixbear replied 6 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • fixbear

February 26, 2018 at 6:48 am

Welcome lighteningboy.  You posted this under Duke, but that confuses me as Duke never made a 800 series.  Could you possibly have a Star?  Regardless.  If you powered a 120 volt direct ignition  unit with 230 volts you have destroyed a lot .  One would have to test out both controls and solenoid valves.  Valve coils will definitely have been damaged.  Control is hard to say.  They are made for a short over-voltage, but normally only about 160 volts.  You can Ohm out the coils.  They will be open if over-voltage burned them out. 

CHROME is a trademark for Magikitch’n.  But agian the model numbers don’t match.

• fixbear

February 26, 2018 at 11:58 am

Frank, Having run across this before, Hubbell makes a appiance converter that just plugs in with a NEMA 15 receptical on the bottom for this type of problem.  It can be found here;

https://www.hubbell.com/acmeelectric/en/Products/Electrical-Electronic/Power-Quality-Conversion/Appliance-Transformer/T160833/p/1655990. 

Contact your local electrical supply house to buy it and pricing.

• lighteningboy

February 28, 2018 at 1:53 am

thanks a lot for your suggestion but i have problem with control ignition board and they are broken down and didnt work any more 

• fixbear

February 28, 2018 at 6:19 am

So what your saying is a $11,000 griddle is now a paper weight. due to miss hook up.  Want you to know it’s not the first.  Many years ago Iinstalled a recepticle for a portable steam table. It had a 3 pole 30 amp 250volt twist lock  plug  on it.  Ok, I installed a identical receptacle.  To bad that the elements were 120 volt. .