Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Why do I have ice forming in the water trough on a Manitowoc UY0240A

• Why do I have ice forming in the water trough on a Manitowoc UY0240A

Posted by guest on August 12, 2019 at 12:00 am

There seems to be ice forming in the water trough which prevents the water from pumping after about 3 to 4 minutes.  Any suggestions as to what would cause this?

fixbear replied 4 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • fixbear

August 13, 2019 at 9:15 am

It’s common in the ice making process for some slush to form at a certain point.  Two things that may make it a problem are the water quality and the water supply.  Is the float level correct and does the water come in normally.  You may want to clean thew machine with Manitowoc cleaner before going farther. How clear is your ice?

• fixbear

August 13, 2019 at 10:10 am

I forgot to ask you you have a production problem?  Safety lock out?

Cleaning one of these does require a bit of disassembly.  In case you lost the manual, it’s explained in section 4.  I’ve attached one here; https://www.partstown.com/modelManual/MAN-Neo_iom.pdf

Make sure the machine is level and that the drain has a vent standpipe on it.  I’ve seen many of these under counters that the installer forgot to place a tee on the drain and a open riser for venting.  This bothers the dump valve operation and can cause a mineral build-up in the water trough.