Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I have a model IY0304A -161 Mantiwoc it will make one batch of ice and quit. It keeps throwing a code E 20 water fault and a T1 fault. There was a loose sensor hanging in the machine can’t figure where it goes. The water is a 3/8 line feeding the machine

• I have a model IY0304A -161 Mantiwoc it will make one batch of ice and quit. It keeps throwing a code E 20 water fault and a T1 fault. There was a loose sensor hanging in the machine can’t figure where it goes. The water is a 3/8 line feeding the machine

Posted by guest on July 26, 2017 at 12:00 am

I have a model IY0304A -161 Mantiwoc it will make one batch of ice and quit. It keeps throwing a code E 20 water fault and a T1 fault. There was a loose sensor hanging in the machine can’t figure where it goes. The water is a 3/8 line feeding the machine with good pressure and new filtering system, plenty of good clean water to the back of the machine. I took an air hose and blew the the water valve before and it made ice for a week or so then quit. This machine is in the Bahamas at a home I have there, I have a friend who’s pretty technical. But we are stuck…..Please Help…. Will pay$$$$$. Mfg dte of this machine is 09/2015……. Sad I have one that was made in 2003 still going strong……..

guest replied 6 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • john

July 27, 2017 at 9:38 am

Hello robertp and welcome to TechTOWN,

Here’s a detailed parts breakdown http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/MAN-I0300_pm.pdf 

You’ll also need this manual: http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/MAN-Indigo_sm.pdf 

The T1 Fault: Each thermistor reading is monitored continuously using six second average values. During Pre-chill a thermistor had a six second average of thermistor values falling outside of the valid temperature range.

As for your E20 Fault, could be any of the following:

1) Sensing high water probe and not low water probe = Water fault.

2) The Evaporator outlet temperature is less than -10°F 6.5 to 7.5 Minutes into freeze.
    3) The Low Water probe is satisfied at the end of harvest.
    4) Low or High water probe satisfied at end of freeze cycle. 

So here’s the thing: you mentioned blowing air into the machine; have you ever descaled and sanitized it? These machines do need to have that done every few months or scale will build up and the machine works harder to function properly. It could be that the machine is too warm, when putting the two errors together that’s what it sounds like anyway.

Let’s see what some of our users think!

-John

• fixbear

July 27, 2017 at 1:13 pm

Ok, This is a Indigo machine that should be a single plate evaporator and simple in design.  Does it have Luminice or auto clean?  

Do you have a flashing triangle on the  fourth line of the board when you see a lockout?  If so press left arrow and it will tell you why.  The T1 is a thermister that monitors the condenser liquid line temp.  Clean the condenser, replace the air filter,  and check the fan motor for full speed.  If still a problem, ohm out the thermister (top one on left of board) and clamp on a thermometer to the liquid line close to the thermister. Then you can look up the rated value to see if it is OK. You can also read the thermister value on the monitor as T1.  Hit down arrow till service is displayed. press checkmark, hit down till you see real time data.  Press checkmark.  down to T1. 

As for the E20, how did you find this error. If current it means one thing, if in the history it just means that the machine didn’t have water at some point or overfilled.  Make sure it is level, They do not like being off level at all. If the machine hasn’t been cleaned often enough it may have a build up on the 2 long water probes and overfill to the short one. That will also set a code.

As for your loose sensor, Need a picture or location to tell where it goes. At  the very least what plug on the board it goes to.

• fixbear

July 27, 2017 at 1:50 pm

With my feeble brain, I forgot to mention one other possibility to the T1 code.  Machine clearances.  You HAVE TO have 16 inches to each side and top as well as 5 inches from the wall.  Anything less will create a air flow problem and overheating/overload.

• fixbear

July 27, 2017 at 6:32 pm

Robert, am hoping to hear back from you.  As for sensors on that machine,  There are 4 thermistors, one water conductive and one ice thickness. Plus a reed switch on the evaporator cover for harvest. The 4 thermistors are T1 for condenser temp.  T2 for compressor discharge,  T3 and T4 are to monitor the evaporator inlet and outlet. T4 tells the machine when to harvest. The control board monitors delta T 3 to 4. for service error to the refrigeration system.  Of coarse the ice thickness probe is at the top of the evaporator and should have about a 3/16″ air gap..It also has to be consecutively clean (no minerals or acids) to tell the machine to harvest when the ice bridge is about 1/8″ thick.  The only other probe is the water probe. It is in the water pan near the pump and sets in a plastic cup. It has 3 probes, one shorter than the others with a 4 pin molnex plug on the  board. Top right plug is empty. 3 wires. It tells by conductivity to ground that there is water or to much water.  The board and all the unit HAS TO have a good ground to function correctly. If there is any corrosion at mounting points or terminal grounds of the Pump, evaporator, and harness the machine will malfunction We are talking millivolts of conductivity, so very little resistance can effect the control.

August 3, 2017 at 3:06 pm

Send me to the Bahamas and I will fix it. Sounds like it is loosing water during the ice cycle check the dump Valve or whatever empty the tray after defrost cycle.