Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives How to reset ice o matic when been turned off?

Tagged: 

• How to reset ice o matic when been turned off?

Posted by guest on February 7, 2017 at 12:00 am
    We turned off our ice-O-Matic and we turned it on. Now the water just keeps running. It’s not making ice? Is there something we need to reset. Or does it need to run a while?
    ectofix replied 4 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • john

February 7, 2017 at 5:42 pm

Hello,

If you look at page C4 (page 33 in the PDF) of this service guide from Ice-O-Matic, you should be able to follow the troubleshooting tree to figure out your problem. 

http://www.iceomatic.com/uploadedFiles/Shared_Content/Product_Content/Downloads/Service_Manuals/ICE%20Series%20Service%2… 

Now, when you say you turned it off and turned it back on—was it operating fine before? Did you just turn it off and back on immediately? Was it off for some long period of time, perhaps in storage?

These different scenarios can lead to different issues. If nothing was wrong with it before, what made you turn it off? Was there a power surge, or did you need to move the icemaker? Maybe just hit it with the broom? 

It is possible, as with other manufacturer’s icemakers, that there is a purge after an abrupt change in power. It is possible also that water is leaking out of the purge drain or water trough. 

Get back with us if you figure out the solution or have other questions! 

-John

• fixbear

February 8, 2017 at 10:38 am

I need a model number to provide you more help with this. But it is common to be in the ice cycle and find one depowered. Look at the harvest cover and make sure the cover isn’t partially open from ice obstruction. Most Ice-O-Matics have a float valve, so if it is losing water you need to check the pan or if the pump is dumping water out. If you set it to wash for 10 minuets, then back to freeze it should clear if in the middle of a cycle..

• davejohnsonnola

February 9, 2017 at 10:25 pm

Very nice John!….Man I wish I had that .pdf last month… am downloading to personal computer and emailing to my work address now.  Thanks

May 20, 2018 at 8:18 pm

I just recently bought an older ice I Matic ice machine, it apparently worked fine before it was removed, but has been sitting for a long while. I am trying to install it and it is not shutting the water off.  It says model # EUC050A2 serial # Y8163317Y.     Mfg date11/1998. 

Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

Thank you

• davejohnsonnola

May 20, 2018 at 8:51 pm

If I’m reading correctly the machine has been relocated?

Check for level first.

Water continues to run?…. into the bin below? Check float valve…works similar to a toilet tank fill valve.

• fixbear

May 21, 2018 at 5:58 am

I get that you have a small capacity under-counter machine,  But Ice-O-Matic never made a 050 in the EUC model..  Could it be a 150 perhaps?  You will have a problem getting any parts for a ECU machine as they were discontinued more that 10 years ago during all the mergers.  Present under-counters are rebranded and I believe made by Inter-mountain in Colorado..

When a machine has been decommissioned for a extended period of time ,  there are a lot of things that should have been done before as well as things that happen in storage.  Insects and rodents love the new housing available to them once disconnected.  Regardless, They used a solenoid valve for water on the EUC’s. So The valve would either be getting power for more that the timer allows, or something is in the valve holding it open. Check for if it is magnetized by lightly touching a screwdriver to the top of the solenoid and feeling for draw or high frequency vibration.  If it does not have power, you will have to remove the valve to clean it.  Often when a machine dries out without being cleaned and cleared the residue minerals on the inside surfaces break loose and get into areas they shouldn’t. 

Also on a recommissioning, one has to take the time to disassemble and clean the evaporator trays, water nozzles/manifold, pump area, and sump. Upon start up one should clean cycle with cleaner, rinse, sanitize the whole interior. Like Dave said, make sure it is level, water temp in below 70 F, pressure between 20 and 60 PSI.

Good luck, Your gonna need it.

July 28, 2018 at 6:37 pm

Burt relay

• ectofix

July 28, 2018 at 6:52 pm

Guest wrote:

Burt relay

Burt?

Image result for bert gif

• fixbear

July 28, 2018 at 8:44 pm

I think he meant burnt

• ectofix

May 14, 2019 at 6:53 pm

Par for the course.  JIVE digging up old posts again.  I just don’t get it.