Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Help with old Carter-Hoffman Fermenter

• Help with old Carter-Hoffman Fermenter

Posted by guest on April 6, 2017 at 12:00 am

Tech Representative

Please, if somebody of you can help me to reach a copy of service and owner or operator manual of the Carter-Hoffmann fermenter oven model number 27080-2114  made in USA on 02/18/2000

Also if there is any procedure to make a test to check the functionality once all the digital displays are not powering on. 

We are located in Maracaibo Venezuela and the operator of the unit is not longer with us and we need to run this oven a soon is possible.

If you need any picture of the front of the unit please tell be and I will send it to you.

I will aprecciate your effort to help me about this issue and please write me to partio@hotmail.com if you need any picture of the front of the unit.

All the best and thanks in advance.

Regards,

Giovanni

ectofix replied 7 years ago 1 Member · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • ectofix

April 7, 2017 at 10:20 am

The model number number you gave doesn’t cross to anything.  Maybe that’s the serial number?  Not helpful in identifying your unit.  For that matter, I’m not familiar with Carter-Hoffmann making anything called a “fermenter”.

Perhaps you could post a picture of the front of the unit and a picture of the data sticker.

• fixbear

April 7, 2017 at 12:43 pm

Carter Hoffman generally start there model numbers with two or three  letters.  And they make a lot or transport cabinets and holding ovens.  As well as dish and pan racks, servers, convection ovens, coolers, etc.  They make a lot for transportation industry.

• ectofix

April 7, 2017 at 7:02 pm

Me thinks that complications of our language barrier might have partgio looking for his “fermenter” (for beer maybe?) under the wrong manufacturer’s name.

April 7, 2017 at 8:12 pm

Hi all. Just locking back and fordward, and also I just writed and have an excelent reception from the Carter-Hoffmann tech support,. just they send to me the owner manual and the unit is a Retherm Holding Cabinet made for McDonalds, models are MD1144 (our) , MD832 and MD2832. The model that I put in the message is just the model that show the aluminium sticker at the rear of the cabinet.

i told fermenter and oven, because was sell to us how a unit to stay the bread for awhile and after to cook it .

I still trying to find the service manual once the dispalys once the unit is powered on, then warm up bt not display of any type.

Sorry for my limited english. I´m doing my best efforts.

All the best and if you can help me with the service manual will be great.

All the best.

Giovanni

partgio@hotmail.com

• ectofix

April 8, 2017 at 7:37 am

Guest wrote:

…models are MD1144 (our) , MD832 and MD2832.

…I still trying to find the service manual once the dispalys once the unit is powered on, then warm up bt not display of any type.

Those numbers don’t cross to anything either.

Doesn’t matter.  You were able to get your owner’s manual.  In my experience, Carter-Hoffmann doesn’t publish any separate service manuals for their equipment.  In other words, the owner’s manual IS the service manual.

April 12, 2017 at 4:38 pm

So what are you fermenting?  I can help you change from the digital control to an analog control, perhaps with a mechanical timer, if needed

• ectofix

April 12, 2017 at 5:56 pm

Why you asking me, Steve?  I didn’t ask the question.  I’m not fermenting anything.

However, I DO so happen to be presently consuming a nice, alcoholic FERMENTED beverage.

If you read the thread though, you’d see that his term – “fermenter” – was likely a mis-translation for a proofer, warmer…or something of that sort, due to our language barrier.  After all, he IS in Maracaibo, Venezuela.

Regarding your response in offering to change it from the digital control to an analog control, perhaps with a mechanical timer?  W-E-L-L, that’s just not an acceptable maintenance practice on commercial food equipment.

Do what you want though, but you WILL own its problems if you happen to do that.  Its future problems and any ensuing legal ramifications.

However, if you choose to go ahead and travel to Venezuela to fulfill your offer, get back with us on the quality of fermented beverages they have there.