Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Garland 3-13 H

• canderson

November 21, 2017 at 11:28 am

• fixbear

November 21, 2017 at 1:31 pm

Your 3-13H is just a casting number for that model. top deck.  Get a good close up of the emblem.  That will narrow down the year.  What is the writing on the oven door top.  I believe it may be your model.

Burner design is another clue to year. .

• fixbear

November 21, 2017 at 2:54 pm

It seems that they named them ___-Garland.  Check out the Mag  https://archive.lib.msu.edu/DMC/sliker/msuspcsbs_gars_michiganst5/msuspcsbs_gars_michiganst5.pdf

• canderson

November 21, 2017 at 3:10 pm

Thank you for finding and sharing that article. I saw those stoves are for

coal and wood. Mine is a natural gas stove. What is the date of the

article? I did not see a date, just a Vol II No. 6. Those might predate

mine.

• ectofix

November 21, 2017 at 5:08 pm

If anyone would know how to get results, fixbear does!

That stove is so cool!  It’s no wonder you want to restore it.  I spent a little time on the web using various search parameters to find a forum on the topic.  It’s amazing how little there is available.  I saw references to the Antique Stove Hospital, but he’s more of a service to repair old stoves vs a forum for enthusiasts.  You might want to read what he says, though.

So…you’re in Minnesota and I’m in Tennessee.  I can’t figure out an economical way for you could bring me that stove in trade for my dilapidated old 1955 GE refrigerator.  I’ll keep thinking about that and let you know how we can pull this off…

• canderson

November 21, 2017 at 7:17 pm

The oven door.

• canderson

November 21, 2017 at 7:23 pm

Top of the oven door. All three parts of the handle are wooden.All three parts of the handle are wooden.

• canderson

November 21, 2017 at 7:31 pm

View from the top. The far left burner is larger with the same decorative pattern. The three control handles are ceramic and located directly in front of the burners. 

• canderson

November 21, 2017 at 7:39 pm

Front view of the burner controls. The piece that attaches the ceramic handle to the rest of the plumbing appears to be brass.

• canderson

November 21, 2017 at 7:48 pm

This photo shows the nut on the left front of the stove is maybe cast iron, molded, or some kind of decorative nut. There is one on each side of; the stove facing the front. Not sure what the molded area with the hole is. Maybe for an attachment to the stove? 

Page 3 of 6