Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives model e303m heats up and the shut off

• olivero

October 14, 2016 at 4:35 pm

Shuts off as in, stops heating? or shuts off as in turns off the entire unit and blows the circuit and trips the circuit breaker? or as in the machine dies but only the machine and there is still power at the outlet?

Need a little more specifics to help you out.

• ectofix

October 14, 2016 at 4:37 pm

Can’t really help you there, since I’m not.

It’s gonna require someone with a multimeter and knowledge of its operation to access the electrical circuit to troubleshoot it.

FWIW, ALL steam tables are notorious for wiring, connections and controls getting “crispy” over time.  Burnt connections are their biggest problems.  You’d be best served by calling upon the services of a reputable company’s technician to go through it.

• dfarren

October 17, 2016 at 8:17 pm

just the table still has power at outlet

• olivero

October 17, 2016 at 10:11 pm

Ectofix! He actually answered again this time, this is rare right here dfarren, its rare the problem originator answers after one of us.

Then I would be looking at the unit, when you say, “shuts off” are we talking it stops heating or the power dies completely? If so, how does it come back on?

IF the power suddenly shuts off while its heating you could have an overtemp situation where a thermal cut off is kicking in and killing power, as the temp is getting dangerously hot, a device kills the power to the machine to say “Hey, I am not turning off for some reason, fix me” some of those automatically reset as the temp goes down. Is that what you are seeing?

Or does the unit heat up, stop heating or while its heating, it shuts off and trips the breaker? Need a little more specifics on what’s happening, if you can just give me a rundown of what you do. as an example.

II turn it on, set the temp to 4, it heats for 2 minutes (I know its heating because I feel it getting hotter) and then it does not get any hotter OR whatever happens. Makes it easier for me to think with more information.