Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I had model 0250HA5. The ice doesn’t fall down by it self? What should I do?

• I had model 0250HA5. The ice doesn’t fall down by it self? What should I do?

Posted by guest on February 23, 2017 at 12:00 am

The ice doesn’t not falling down by it self, what I should do with that?

izzygreen replied 7 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • techjoeb

February 23, 2017 at 11:19 am

See the manual here and page C16 specifically: http://www.iceomatic.com/uploadedFiles/Shared_Content/Product_Content/Downloads/Service_Manuals/ECP500%20Service%20Manua…  Please let us know what the issue was. 

-Joe 

• olivero

February 24, 2017 at 10:03 am

If its anything like Scotsman units which it probably is, there a multiple things.

There should be a harvest assist mechanism which in essence is a rod that pushes on the ice. IT could also be its not detecting that its ready to harvest which would be due to the harvest sensor being corroded, disconnected or covered in scale. IF you open the machine and are looking at the insides, you will notice the evaporator where the ice forms, there is alittle piece of stainless on a hinged piece of plastic with a wire coming out of it, that’s the sensor.

IT can happen that they loose conductivity due to scale or other things in which case, it won’t realize its ready to harvest and the harvest assist mechanism won’t engage, pushing the ice off the evaporator.

So what you want to check first is that harvest sensor, in most cases that’s what it is, if the harvest assist mechanism is dead, well, you will probably know if its dead once you look inside because the one I had to change, pretty much had an internal explosion and was charred.

Let us know,

• fixbear

February 24, 2017 at 12:19 pm

With the incomplete model number I can’t tell what we have,  But I believe it to be a under counter  180 lb dice machine made for 50 cycle.  Not north America.  But without the letter we have no idea of design or control.

• john

February 24, 2017 at 12:47 pm

Looking at Ice-O-Matics Model and Serial Number Format:ICE0250HA5
    ICE (assumed): slab ice cuber, stainless steel cabinet

025: Approximate 24-hour ice production is 250 lb 

0: 115V

H: half dice
    A: air cooled

5: (assumed) the fifth version of this model?

The only references I have seen to 0250HA5 on the web are the ICE series, though that doesn’t guarantee it, at least this could be used as a jump off point. 

• izzygreen

February 24, 2017 at 12:52 pm

If its a brand new unit, ICE 0 MATIC tapes the flap closed , make sure its not taped closed

• olivero

February 24, 2017 at 1:06 pm

Haha, that would be awesome.

• john

February 24, 2017 at 1:23 pm

Reminds me of when I first purchased a house– furnace wouldn’t work on a really cold day (never is a warm day, is it?). I was rather concerned as it was an old furnace: oil burner from the 50s converted to gas which I thought for sure had finally kicked the bucket (since been replaced). Called the service company, tech came out, inspected it, everything looked in order. Checked my newly installed digital thermostat… changed the batteries, boom, thing turned back on. I never felt so silly in my whole life. He didn’t even charge me, and earned a loyal customer for life.

• fixbear

February 24, 2017 at 1:31 pm

In the earlier models that would be different. 200 lb or 2000 depending on the letters before it. the 5 would be 50 cycle and the ha the same. I ‘ll wait till he tells us the rest of it.

• izzygreen

February 24, 2017 at 1:41 pm

of course its a guest account so chances of him reading our recommendations are ……..?