Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums The Cold Side ICEOMATIC ICE0726FR

Tagged: 

• mtsaz100

October 7, 2020 at 4:04 pm

On the 726 I told him about txv and he said don’t spend more time on that old unit I have new one in storage let’s switch them. Ok great. Fixbear pm sent. Thanks for help I suspect I will be here a while

• olivero

October 7, 2020 at 4:18 pm

Lol, love it when that happens,

• mtsaz100

October 7, 2020 at 4:48 pm

So I got called back on the 606 because it was leaking water….and by the way no ice. It seems to go into harvest and get stuck staying there. It was low so I added a little refrigerant but will recover and weigh it since I don’t know if I can charge by subcooling if so what should it be? These are a real pia

• olivero

October 8, 2020 at 1:56 pm

Ice machines are critically charged, you have to pull it and weigh in the factory.

Check the plates for lack of plating, makes the ice stick more, loose grids as well.

• fixbear

October 8, 2020 at 7:47 pm

Olivero, this is a remote condenser machine. They have a bit more leeway than the unit machines. They have a large receiver capable of holding about 10 pounds of refridgerant. And the tubing length will change the charge about 20 oz. How many ice machines in the 700 pound class per day have over 10 pounds of R404?

• olivero

October 9, 2020 at 1:16 pm

Ah, well in that case, never mind then.

No clue on that question, never paid much attention to their production capability so I wouldn’t know.

• fixbear

October 8, 2020 at 7:58 pm

Ahhhhh, you never mentioned a 606. Whats the full model number please? So I know what your working on,

Normally with ice machines (non remote) the charge is critical to both efficiency and reliability. But cleanliness comes first. Not so bad with the Ice-O-Matics or Hoshizakis, But definitely with a Scotsman, or Manitowoc.

• fixbear

October 8, 2020 at 8:05 pm

If you have a water leak with either the dump valve, the spray bar, or the pan, a machine will never make ice. The incoming water adds more BTU’s than the refrigeration system can remove. There fore the suction pressure in the freeze cycle will never get low enough to start the freeze timer.

Page 4 of 4