Blodgett Combi Error Codes for Authorized Technicians
The Blodgett BCP electric combi oven is used in a wide variety of commercial kitchens. When service technicians are called to make a repair, many refer to the error log to check if any specific issue is present. If you don’t have a service manual available, below are Blodgett combi error codes that authorized technicians can use to diagnose and solve the problem quickly. These also come in handy if you need to help a customer quickly troubleshoot issues over the phone.
Error Code 3
- Issue – The generator is too hot.
- Resolution – This means the generator’s thermo-switch has tripped. Reconnect it by pressing the button underneath operation panel.
Error Code 4
- Issue – The oven is too hot.
- Resolution – This means the oven’s thermo-switch has tripped. Reconnect by pressing button under operation panel.
Error Code 5
- Issue – The fan is too hot.
- Resolution – This means the motor’s thermo-switch has tripped. Wait about 10 minutes and restart.
Error Code 6
- Issue – The drain temperature is too hot. This means the temperature is above 165⁰F (75⁰C) for more than 5 minutes.
- Resolution – Check and repair the following:
- Faulty drain jet.
- Faulty senor.
- Dirt is in solenoid valve, jet or filter.
- Hot water has been mistakenly connected.
- Jet is sprinkling in the wrong direction.
Error Code 7
- Issue – The oven sensor isn’t working properly.
- Resolution – If the sensor is defective, check the wiring and correct or repair any issues. If the wiring is okay, then the sensor will need to be replaced.
Error Code 8
- Issue – The core temp. probe is disconnected.
- Resolution – The combi using a program where the core temp. probe was selected, but it’s not connected. Turn the unit off and connect the core temp. probe.
Error Code 9
- Issue – The generator sensor isn’t working properly.
- Resolution – If the temperature sensor is defective, it prevents select recipes from being used. Start by checking the wiring and correct or repair any issues. If the wiring is okay, then the sensor will need to be replaced.
Error Code 10
- Issue – The drain sensor isn’t working properly.
- Resolution – If the drain sensor is defective, the oven will still work but should repaired before more issues mount. Start by checking the wiring and correct or repair any issues. If the wiring is okay, then the sensor will need to be replaced.
Error Code 11
- Issue – Not enough water has filled in the steam generator within two-minute window.
- Resolution – See if the water supply to the unit is on. If that’s on, check and repair for the following:
- Blocked solenoid valve or dirt filter
- Low water pressure (should be at least 2 bar)
Error Code 12
- Issue – Solid-state relay is too hot, causing thermo-switch to trip.
- Resolution – Turn off the oven and wait about 10-20 minutes to reset. If the problem persists, check if the cooler opening is obstructed.
Error Code 13
- Issue – The steam generator is higher than 266⁰F (130⁰C), which is too hot.
- Resolution – If the generator overheats repeatedly, it will need to be descaled.
Error Code 14
- Issue – The fan is moving too slow.
- Resolution – Check for any obstructions. If none exist and the fan is slow after a couple of stops and restarts, then it will need to be replaced.
Error Code 16
- Issue – The IO board is too hot.
- Resolution – If the board is overheating, see if there are subsequent issues and errors causing this. The board might need to be replaced.
Error Code 19
- Issue – There is an internal defect that causes the oven server to not respond or process.
- Resolution – Restart the oven to reset.
Error Code 21
- Issue – There is an invalid program that isn’t supported by the oven.
- Resolution – The operator will need to use a compatible program that works with the unit.
Error Code 22
- Issue – A program was interrupted when the power the cut out.
- Resolution – If the power cuts out during a significant period, the program won’t automatically restart.
Error Code 23
- Issue – The combi oven is too hot to start the CombiWash function.
- Resolution – Tell the customer to let the oven cool down and restart CombiWash later.
Error Code 24
- Issue – A draining defect is causing the steam generator not to be flushed.
- Resolution – Check if the level sensor is faulty and needs to be replaced.
Error Code 25
- Issue – ClimaOptima isn’t calibrated.
- Resolution – Go into the service menu and calibrate to correct the issue.
Error Code 26
- Issue – Faulty ClimaOptima sensor. This causes the pressure sensor to give out an incorrect signal.
- Resolution – The sensor will need to be replaced.
Error Code 27
- Issue – ClimaOptima was calibrated when the oven was in an unsuitable state.
- Resolution – Start the calibration process when the unit is cold and dry.
Error Code 29
- Issue – The oven door sensor isn’t working.
- Resolution – The oven is still operable, but the unit won’t stop when the door is open. The sensor will need to be replaced if to resolve this defect.
Error Code 34
- Issue – The water pressure to the oven is too low.
- Resolution – Make sure the water is turned on and is at the right pressure in the facility.
Error Code 36
- Issue – There isn’t enough detergent or rinse aid in the oven.
- Resolution – Have the customer refill the unit with the proper amount of detergent or rinse aid.
Error Code 38
- Issue – Detergent is still present in the oven after cleaning. Running the unit before detergent is removed can hinder food and the oven.
- Resolution – If the CombiClean is interrupted with detergent is in the oven chamber, run step 0 of the CombiWash program.
Check out the full Blodgett BCP electric combi service manual for more help.