Tips of the Trade
Tools & Gear
- Show all articles ( 13 ) Collapse Articles
Dishwashing & Warewashing
Equipment Shutdown Procedures
Replacing a Kolpak Walk-In Freezer Door Heater Wire
Replacing a Kolpak Walk-In Freezer door heater wire is essential for this type of unit, as the heated door prevents freeze-over and the potential for warm outside air to interfere with the interior.
Prior to replacement, ensure that the proper safety precautions are in place, such as:
- Be sure that all field wiring conforms to the equipment requirements, as well as any applicable national or local codes
- Disconnect all power prior to servicing
- Wear appropriate protective gloves to avoid injury on sharp edges
- Use protective eye gear during installation and servicing
- Make sure the unit and all components are inspected for damage prior to installation
Once those are set-up, learn how to replace a Kolpak door heater wire with help from friends at Welbilt.
Check out all Kolpak technical training & e-learning videos.