Hobart Dishwasher Installation for Authorized Technicians
Hobart dishwashers have been one of the standards in commercial kitchens. Whenever they need to be installed, owners like to call the professionals for help. If you've misplaced the instructions and can't find them online, don't worry! Below prep procedures and links to Hobart dishwasher installation manuals.
NOTE: This guide is only for authorized technicians. Equipment operators should contact a local Hobart service agent to conduct the tasks outlined below as well as additional repairs.
Before authorized technicians begin installing the dishwasher, Hobart recommends quickly checking and preparing the unit by doing the following:
Unpack the Unit
- Check for damage – See if there is any damage that could've occurred during the shipping process. If there is damage, Hobart requires operators to contact them within 15 days of delivery.
- Check electrical compatibility – Make sure the facility's electrical service fits the specifications of the equipment. Check the machine data plate located near the control box.
- Check for uninstalled items – Multiple parts are shipped loose in the package and are stored inside the unit. These typically include the chamber hole plug kit, curtains, overflow tube or standpipe and splash shields as well as instructions.
Verify Installation Codes
Confirm the installation codes for the dishwasher. The following are the national fuel and electrical codes as well as Canadian installation codes for CLe and C-Line Series models.
National Fuel Codes
- CLe Series – ANSI Z223.1
- C-Line Series – ANSIZ223.1
National Electrical Codes
- CLe Series – ANSI / NFPA 70
- C-Line Series – ANSI / NFPA 70
Canadian Installation Codes
- CLe Series – CAN/CSA B149.1 and CSA C22.1
- C-Line Series – CAN/CGA B149.2 and CSA C22.2 No. 1
Adjust the Height & Level
Once the machine is placed in the proper spot, make sure the dishwasher is leveled and at the correct height. This not only helps make operation as efficient as possible, but it also ensures that plumbing connections stay properly connected.
On CLe and C-Line Series machines, turn the adjustable feet to set the unit at the correct height and level. For LXe Series machines, start by placing a carpenter's level diagonally on the rack tracks. Then, level the machine front to back and side to side by turning the adjustable feet. Once it's at the proper height and level, cover the feet's exposed threads with the black rubber tubing supplied by Hobart.
Water quality is crucial because it reduces spotting on dishes, glasses and other wares. Confirm that the facility owner has contacted their local water supplier to get information on hardness and quality. Hobart recommends the following for best possible usage:
- CLe Series requirements – Machine should operate at 3 grains of hardness per gallon or less. Chlorides shouldn't exceed 30 parts per million.
- C-Line Series requirements – Machine should operate at 4-6 grains of hardness per gallon. Chlorides shouldn't exceed 50 parts per million.
- LXe Series requirements – Machine should operate at 3 grains of hardness per gallon or less.
Any hardness above those requirements should be treated with water conditioner via a water softener or in-line treatment. Sediment, silica chlorides and other dissolved solids could require specific filtration or treatment.
Hobart Dishwasher Installation Guides
The entire installation process is outlined in the corresponding installation manuals below. Please see the table of contents for pages to locate specific requirements, procedures and diagrams.
CLe Series Dishwasher Installation
- Assembling the dish table – page 5
- Water requirements – page 6
- Setting up plumbing connections – page 7
- Drain connection – page 7
- Water connections – page 7
- Installing chemical feeder – page 8
- Setting up steam connection (equipped for steam heat) – page 9
- Setting up gas connection (equipped for gas heat) – page 9
- Venting requirements – page 10
- Type II canopy hood – page 10
- Pant-leg vent connections – page 12
- Exhaust flow requirements – page 14
- Setting up electrical connections – page 14
- Setting up optional equipment control connections – page 16
- Setting up CLeR energy recovery – page 16
- Adjusting CLeR air flow – page 19
Check out the full CLe Series installation manual.
C-Line Series Dishwasher Installation
- Assembling the dish table – page 9
- Water requirements – page 10
- Setting up plumbing connections – page 11
- Drain connection(s) – page 11
- Fill & final rinse connection – page 11
- Setting up steam connection (equipped for steam heat) – page 11
- Setting up gas connection (equipped for gas heat) – page 12
- Venting requirements – page 13
- Pant-leg vent connections – page 14
- Rate of exhaust flow calculations – page 16
- Setting up electrical connections – page 17
- Setting up optional equipment connections – page 18
- Setting up optional equipment control connections – page 18
- Installing the curtain – page 19
Check out the full C-Line Series installation manual.
LXe Series Dishwasher Installation
- Water requirements – page 5
- Setting up plumbing connections – page 6
- Setting up electrical connections – page 7
- Verifying electrical data – page 7
- Setting up connection method – page 8
- Setting up detergent and rise aids – page 9
- Setting up sanitizer (LXeC & LXePR only) – page 10
- Verifying sanitizer concentration – page 10
- Priming chemical pumps – page 11
- Installation diagrams:
- LXeC – page 12
- LXeH – page 13
- LXePR – page 14
- LXeR – page 15
Check out the full LXe Series installation manual.