How to Run PGT/PCS/PSC/PST Star Sandwich Grill Diagnostics
The following PGT/PCS/PSC/PST Star Sandwich Grill Diagnostics directions are courtesy of our friends at Star Manufacturing. These are intended for authorized service technicians.
Hold down button one and push the toggle switch up to turn on the unit.
The unit will start “TEST” mode and will start a 5:00 minute timer. The first test is always the bottom platen, and the diagnostics will verify that the platen will increase 25 degrees Fahrenheit within that 5-minute span.
Once the bottom platen reaches temperature, the controller will display “PAS?”.
If the unit doesn’t reach temperature, the controller will display “FAIL”. Check:
- The relay wiring.
- That RTDs are wired correctly.
- The heater wiring is correct and the element is good.
Press button one to continue the next platen test.
The time will reset to 5:00 minutes and start testing the upper left platen.
PRO1 (Upper Left), PRO2 (Upper Right), PRO3 (Bottom), RELY
Control Board Labels & Descriptions
- E1 and E2 – Upper left temperature probe input
- E3 and E4 – 10V AC power input to control board
- E5 and E6 – Upper left relay output
- E5 and E7 – Upper right relay output
- E5 and E8 – Lower relay output
- E9 – Unused
- E11 and E12 – Upper right temperature probe input
- E13 and E14 – Lower temperature probe input
- E23 and E24 – Unused
Download the PDF version of these instructions here.