Tips of the Trade
Tools & Gear
- Show all articles ( 13 ) Collapse Articles
Dishwashing & Warewashing
Equipment Shutdown Procedures
How to Remove Continental Refrigerator Electrical Controls for Authorized Technicians
The process of removing the electronic control on a Continental refrigerator is a simple procedure, requiring only a small flat head screwdriver and a #1 Phillips head screwdriver or PZ1 screwdriver. Learn how to remove the electronic controls in the guide below.
Removing the Electronic Control
- Step 1—Turn off power to the unit.
- Step 2—With a small flat head screwdriver, place the tip under the plastic bezel and gently lift it up to remove it.
- Step 3—With either a #1 Phillips screwdriver or a PZ1 screwdriver, turn both screws a quarter turn counter-clockwise. Once loosened, the plastic keeper will open up enough for you to remove the electronic control.
- Step 4—Replace the control by pushing it back into the rectangular cutout, then turn the two screws clockwise to set the plastic keeper back in its original position. Snap the plastic bezel back in place.
Source: Continental easy Electronic Control Manual (pg. 21)