How to Install a Hoshizaki Ice Machine
Hoshizaki ice machines are one of the best ice machines used on an industrial and commercial scale. That's why we're here with an installation guide of Hoshizaki ice machines to help technicians in the whole process.
Hoshizaki Ice Machine Installation Guide
Here we have compiled a helpful guide of the Hoshizaki ice machine installation procedure. You need to read the below guide. It will be easy for you to perform the installation process of the Hoshizaki ice machine.
Before making an electric and water connection, the Hoshizaki ice machine must be placed in the right place. Some crucial points to keep in mind to place the ice machine rightly are listed below:
- First of all, it is essential to ensure that the ice machine is not placed outdoors because the ice machines can't work correctly at outdoor places.
NOTE: The ambient temperature is satisfactory between the range of 7°C to 38°C. At the same time, the normal temperature should lie between the range of 7°C to 32°C.
- Hoshizaki ice machines are not suitable for use in hot environments. They should not be placed near an oven, grill, stove, or similar devices.
- To avoid any difficulties with installing the water and electric connections on the KM-901M_J/3_KM-1100M_J models, we recommend keeping the ice machine 30cm away from the side and the top. At the same time, it is recommended to keep the ice machine of model KM-1340M_J and KM-1601M_J/3 at 15 cm.
Plumbing is the most basic and essential part of ice machine installation that can be done quickly by following the appropriate procedure.
- It is essential to run the drain line, ice storage bin drain line, and the air cooled line of the ice machine independently.
- You must perform the drain line connections at 2cm per 1m horizontally. It will result in better getting a regular flow of water drained.
- The technicians can also connect the drain line with the ice machine.
- The use of a vented tee can help make the regular flow of water.
- Make sure the drain line is not connected immediately with the draining system.
- It is essential to keep a gap of 5cm for ventilation between the drain pipe's ends, ice storage bin, water-cooled condenser, and the floor drain.
- It is essential to install the drain valve and shut-off valve for the water supply.
- Make sure there is an excess water supply and drain line for better service.
Technicians should carefully perform the electrical installation while taking all the safety precautions to avoid any severe condition.
- The electrical installation must reach the proper electrical connections, including wirings, connections, and others. In case of any failure, technicians may face severe damage.
- During the setting of electrical devices for the Hoshizaki ice machine, it is essential to use the power supply that is recommended for the ice machine model.
NOTE: If using an improper power supply, chances of facing tripping issues might be increased.
- Make the electrical connections of the remote condenser unit correctly; in any situation of failure, improper connections can also cause death.
- It is also recommended that the technicians perform the remote condenser unit connections before making the connections of the ice machine.
NOTE: Keep in mind that connecting the remote condenser unit with the external power can be harmful.
Remote Condensers Installation
The installation process of the remote condenser unit of Hoshizaki ice machines is listed below:
- Firstly, the remote condenser should be placed at the plane and firm surface. In addition, there must be a gap of 61cm for better air circulation and making connections. The area should also be well ventilated.
- Make sure you have removed any packing material, and the fan blades are working perfectly.
- Make the connections of the refrigerant line with the remote condenser unit rather than with the ice machine.
- The copper tube liquid and the discharge line are required to run with the remote condenser unit.
- Don't forget to treat the copper tubes individually.
- It is recommended to use the electronic leak detector to avoid any leaking issues.
While performing the Hoshizaki ice machine installation, make sure you are stacking the main parts properly.
- Perform the remote condenser installation according to the proper guide.
- To assemble the remote condenser, technicians must make sure that the upper remote condenser unit is placed at the top of the lower condenser unit.
- Connect the upper remote condenser unit with the lower remote condenser unit by tightening the 4 screws.
- At last, technicians are recommended to install refrigerant pipes and electric connections.
While doing the Hoshizaki ice machine installation, the use of water filters can extend the efficiency of the ice machine. The water filters are designed to filter the water that turns the bad taste of water into good.
In addition, these water filters enhance the quality of water and make it perfect for our health. Using the ideal water filter can keep maintenance away for a long time.
- Use the type of water filter that suits the model of the Hoshizaki ice machine that you are using.
- Make the connections of the water filter with the specific port of the ice machine.
- Connection of water inlet is required with the waterline.
- Connect the tube of water filter with the flushing valve.
- Make sure to check the water filter after the installation process to avoid any leaking issues.
Running The Ice Machine
To run the Hoshizaki ice machine, follow the simple and proper process is listed below:
- In case of water pressure below 10 PSIG, it is recommended not to operate the ice machine until it reaches the specific pressure.
- The temperature of the water that you will supply must be ranging between 7°C to 32°C. At the same time, the pressure of water should be a minimum of 10 PSIG and a maximum of 13 PSIG.
- You need to open the water supply line valve.
- After removing the front panel of the ice machine, turn the control switch to the “ICE.”
- Switch on the power supply, and wait for 10 minutes to operate the ice machine properly.
- After turning off the ice machine, remove the front and insulation panel carefully.
- Make sure to clean the dispenser unit. Also, rinse water after cleaning it.
- Switch on the power supply gain to start the ice machine. The ice machine will start the making of ice cubes automatically.