Dishwashing & Warewashing
Equipment Shutdown Procedures
How to Run PGT/PCS/PSC/PST Star Sandwich Grill Diagnostics
Hold down button one and push the toggle switch up to turn on the unit.
The unit will start “TEST” mode and will start a 5:00 minute timer. The first test is always the bottom platen, and the diagnostics will verify that the platen will increase 25 degrees Fahrenheit within that 5-minute span.
Once the bottom platen reaches temperature, the controller will display “PAS?”.
If the unit doesn't reach temperature, the controller will display “FAIL”. Check:
- The relay wiring.
- That RTDs are wired correctly.
- The heater wiring is correct and the element is good.
Press button one to continue the next platen test.
The time will reset to 5:00 minutes and start testing the upper left platen.
PRO1 (Upper Left), PRO2 (Upper Right), PRO3 (Bottom), RELY
Control Board Labels & Descriptions
- E1 and E2 – Upper left temperature probe input
- E3 and E4 – 10V AC power input to control board
- E5 and E6 – Upper left relay output
- E5 and E7 – Upper right relay output
- E5 and E8 – Lower relay output
- E9 – Unused
- E11 and E12 – Upper right temperature probe input
- E13 and E14 – Lower temperature probe input
- E23 and E24 – Unused
Download the PDF version of these instructions here.